Monday, September 1, 2014

Boys of Fall | week 100

Whats up guys!

Happy Labor day!
Thanks for the email Mom. I am imagining football getting started up. I love the fall too mom. Here in Guatemala its the "eternal spring" so for all those that like spring time Guatemala is the place.

Zach man Im loving the football pics haha. Sick jerseys too! What position are you playing? any action on the feild?

Mom your pictures looked great of Carters wedding. I remember seeing him on campus at BYU walking around. Tell the Zufelts I say hi too!

Well we had a very standard week here in the mission field  We are really working to try and apply the instruction we received from Elder Alonso in our conferences. It has started to rain alot this last week. The weather here is so funny. There are thunderstorms almost everyday. They just come in and start pouring for like ten minutes and then it clears off.

We had a very "rainy" day this week. We have an investigator named L. She has cancer and we saw a miracle a while back. After we gave her a blessing in 30 minutes she rose from her bed and began to walk. She no longer felt any pain. On friday I wanted to bring my new companion to go and visit her. We headed over and to our suprise she had passed away only a couple hours before. L was a really strong woman who had alot of Faith in Christ. We were able to share a message with her family. I am grateful for the knowledge we have of the plan of salvation. What a blessing!

Some good news! B is doing great. She is just embracing the gospel. We got a call this afternoon from one of her friends telling us that she went to a young adult conference last night and wants to be baptized as "soon as possible". She has a date for the 13th of September but we will see about moving that up closer haha.

I love this ward! We had a correlation with the bishop last night. We set some high goals and we are working hard to accomplish them. We got the change calls last night and I will be spending my last change here in SION! 

I love this work so much. I am so grateful for the oppoutunity that I have to share the gospel. I appreciate the people whos sacrifices make this possible. Above all I thank my Father in Heaven who loves all of his children unconditionally. I have seen and felt the love that God has for all of his children. I love the words of a michael mclean song which describes our responsibility to help rescue our fathers children.

There are refugees among us
They are not from foreign shores
And the battles they've been waging
Are from very private wars
And there are no correspondants
Documenting all their needs
But the refugees among us all 
are yearning for relief

This is a call to arms
To reach out and hold
The evacuees in the dark.

Let us reach out and hold the people who need our help. I pray we can look for the them this week. I love the people of Guatemala. Have a great week and know that I love you all!

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment