Monday, September 15, 2014

A rainy Monday in Guatemala | week 102

Hey guys!

Thanks for the email Mom! Yeah I have been reminded alot today that I have a month left haha. All the missionaries in the zone starting singing God be with you til we meet again today haha. I still have time. The weeks are going by so fast I cannot even feel them. Im glad you are all doing good. Riley so pumped that you got a sweet new job. That is so cool your a photographer! Send me some of the pictures that you have been taking id love to see them. Zach your looking good in the maroon and gold. Looks like it was another hot quarry bowl. Those pictures remind me of the first year we played at Rocklin. Im glad the freshman won!

About the travel arrangements still dont have anything. We are going to have interveiws this week with President so I will see what I can find out haha.

We had a good week. I feel like a broken record sometimes haha. It has been raining ALOT. We got soaked playing soccer today with the missionaries. Today is the 15th of September which is independence day here in Guatemala. Its like the fourth of July haha. 

Well some good news. N who we have been teaching for a long time is going to be baptized this Saturday. After quite some time she has finally decided to be baptized. We are so excited for her! We have been praying alot so that she would feel the spirit and make the decision. I know that it was the Lord that has helped her make the decision. We are working so that J, B's sister and D can be baptized on the 27th. Yep all I want for my birthday is two baptisms haha.

I continue to see many blessings in my life and in the lives of the people here in Guatemala. We really felt the spirit guide us this week to the people and members who needed some help. A young woman here passed away this week. She was only twelve years old. We spent some time helping her family. They have been going through lots of trials in the last couple weeks. I was very inspired by the words of Hermana L. She said that "God has helped me all my life through every trial. And is helping me right now. I love him." I love the faith of the wonderful people here. I have seen lots and lots of sadness and trails in the lives of the people. Yet those who are close to our Heavenly Father and embrace the Gospel receive help from on high. I was reading in the Ensign this week and found a quote that I just LOVE from Elder Holland he states,

"Everyone of us has times when we need to know things will get better... My declaration is that is precicely what the Gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need. There is help. There is happiness... dont you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying... It will all be alright in the end. Trust God and beleive in good things to come... Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some dont come until heaven; but for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ they come." 

Lets keep moving forward in the good times and the tough ones. I have seen how the Lords lifts people and helps them. He has lifted me up and carried me when I couldnt go any further. I love this Gospel and I hope we can all REMEMBER him. Everyday.

Have a great week and know that I love you all so much. Thanks for your support and love. I cant tell you how much I appreciate it. 

Love 

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment