Monday, August 25, 2014

I love you guys! | week 99



Hey guys it is so nice to hear from you! Thanks for the email Dad. Sounds like school and football is getting kicked off. Riley Im so excited that you are going to be with Brother Murray. Tell him that I say hi and I hope you learn alot this year. Seriously seminary helps alot when you get out on the mission. Your going to need to know the scriptures. So take advantage. Thanks for your testimony Dad! It strengthens mine to hear it.

Tell Kyle Fletcher hi! I actually met a returned missionary here in Guatemala that served in Washington DC and was in the same zone as Kyle haha. I cannot remember his name but small world.

So to answer some of your questions. Elder R is from Honduras and is 24 years old. He is a cool guy and we get along great. He has been in the mission for about 15 months. He made a sacrifice to come on the mission. His Dad (Who isnt a member) was completely against him going on the mission. I really look up to alot of missionaries here that through lots of opposition decide to serve the Lord.

Well this last week was a good one! We have been working with D, we were able to talk with her father which went really well. He is a member of the church but is really inactive. We had a sweet lesson with him and felt the spirit really strong. Kind of difficult bringing up the baptism of his daughter. He decided to think about. So we are praying that this week she will be baptised.

We saw a ton of progress in the investigators this week. I dont know if you remember B. She is doing great and her little sister J also wants to be baptized on the 13th of September. We brought J to the stake activity on Sunday and afterwards she came up to me and said "Elder Hughes I WILL be baptized on the 13th of September" So cool!

We have also seen a change in an investigator named A. We have been working with her for a long time. She has a really good friend S who is a member of the Church. Slowly we have seen her progress. She has been coming to all the activities and church meetings. A is 16 years old. We invited her to be baptized this week and she really wants to!

A little bit more about our activity on Sunday. We organized a museum of the restoration where all the missionaries in the Zone was assigned to be a prophet or important character from the restoration. They assigned me to be Joseph Smith haha. We had fun looking for our costumes. Everyone came by in groups of 10 and we each had 3 minutes to share with them. I was able to share with the members and investigators a little more about Joseph Smith and the first vision. As I testified I felt the spirit so strong. It was so cool! I have always looked up to the Prophet Joseph and I know that he was called of God. He did see God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is true. Read it. Ponder its teachings and the truth will be manifest to you.

It was a big success. We are planning on doing it again in a couple weeks. We are going to try and make it bigger this time.

I forgot about the zone conference. Wow Elder Alonso was so powerful. He taught us more about the plan of salvation and how we can work more effectively in the work. It is amazing to be able to meet and learn from the General Authhorities. I know that they are men called of god. We must always follow the Prophet and put into practice what his servants teach us. 

I love you all so much. Have a great week and make everyday count. I appreciate all that you have done for me. I know this work is true!

Love!

Elder Hughes

H went to church in Los Angeles and wrote me to tell me he is going to be receiving the preisthood soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment