Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I love to see the Temple | week 98


Hey Guys!

Mom thanks for the email! I loved it. Woohooo. School is already starting I cannot believe how fast that summer went by. To me it all feels the same here haha. The weather here never really changes much. Half the year it rains more the other half it doesnt rain as much hahaha. 

Well sorry I didnt write yesterday. I forgot to tell you that we were going to be heading to the temple today. Erwin told me you wrote him hahaha. We had an awesome temple trip today. I love going to the temple. It has been a blessing to be able to go every three months now.

Well where do I start! It was a really busy week. I think I have just gotten used to being on the move 24/7. My first week with Elder R was great.

On Wednesday H got baptized. Ahhh it was such a special night. H has been one of the most prepared people I have taught on the mission. The Lord literally sent him to us. The baptism was simple and spritual and you couldnt get the smile off my face haha. Im telling you guys there is no greater joy than to see one of Gods children make covenants and with a sincere heart enter into the waters of baptism. He told me afterward that he wants to serve a mission!

We have been working with a young woman named B. She is 23 and was introduced to the church by her boyfreind who recently returned from a mission. She reminds me alot of you guys mom and dad. I shared with her your story about how you guys met and Dad was baptized. See you guys are doing missionary work down here! She has been coming to church the last couple weeks and accepted a baptismal date for the 13th of September.

Some simple things I was able to do and see this week....

- Help someone who had recently lost a loved one.
- Defend the truth when it was needed.
- See one of my teachers in the ccm Hermano S
- Ponder the blessings I have received in my mission and in my life

We are looking at having a baptism this week. We have been teaching D. We have worked with her Mom who returned to the church. She is ready to go just been difficult with her Father who is an Inactive member and doesnt like the idea that she is going to be baptized. We are praying alot for her.

There are so many things I just dont have time to write about haha. We had a family night last with one of our investigators G. The sister who gave the lesson talked about the importance of the family in Gods plan. I know that the Gospel blesses families. I have been able to see that here in Guatemala and within my own family. I love my family so much. And I love how the spirit brings us together and unites us. Although I havent seen my family for a while. The love I have for you has grown and deepend. I hope you know how much I love you all. I know that families are forever when we live the gospel and make covenants in holy temples. I look forward to having a family of my own some day ;)

I love you all so much! We have a multi zone conference this week with Elder Alonso one of the seventy. Should be pretty cool!

Have a great week and keep smiling!

"The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired" Gordon B Hinkley

Elder Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment