Sunday, July 7, 2013

week 39 | Oh yeah, the Fourth of July is this week!


Hey guys!

Its so nice to hear from you dad! Its pretty hot in Rocklin eh? I remember those summer days haha. First of all congrats to Sarina and Chrisian. Holy Moly I cannot believe she got married. Its kind of weird to see everyone all grown up on missions and getting married. Your awesome Sarina. You and Christian look great in your pictures. I guess you will have to pay me back someday for getting married while Im out on the mission hahaha. Wish I could have been there for sure. Riley league champs thats awesome. Tell Jeffery and Jamie good luck for me. I know exactly how they are feeling right now. But everything works out and the lord will help and support them throughout everything.

Well this last month and change has just flown by. Im not really sure where June went whew! It really is like a time bubble here in the mission field  I was just remembering that I went through the temple exactly a year ago hahah. We had another very busy week. With zone conference and baptisms! On friday we had our zone conference with Molino and Las Victorias. It went so well. President and Hermana Watts always help me out so much. The more I get into my mission and my personal conversion to the gospel the more I realize how much I need to change hahah. I spent some time after the conference setting some personal goals and trying to apply these changes into my life. The good thing is I get to see them at leadership meeting tomorrow with all the ZLs. So excited!

We were able to find some amazing new investigators this week. We found B and her son L. We found them from a member reference which is always the way to go. They have been so prepared by the Lord. I havent seen someone grab and read the book of mormon faster than her. Sometimes people really suprise us. I sure love the people here in Guatemala. I know that if we pray fervently to be filled with charity which is the pure love of Christ like it says in Moroni, the Lord will fill our hearts with sincere love for everyone. Hermana Watts is the greatest example of this. If I had to describe her and president in one word it would be Love.

H and V were baptized this saturday. Another one of those special moments on the mission. It has been amazing to work with them for the last month. The gospel has really blessed their lives. For two very young people they have had some big trials in their lives. I was talking with H in the bathroom while we were changing and he told me he felt something indescribable when he came out of the water. He said he felt like someone else was their with him. I had the oppourtunity to confirm him a member of the church the following day. Like you dad I wish you guys could meet these people. I hope that one day we will be able to come back to Guatemala and do just that.

I would like to share a quote really quickly from president Monson "When we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial alot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of something we can count on, home and family and the loyalty of loved ones. We come to know what it means to be bound together by duty, by respect, by belonging. We learn that nothing can fully take the place of the blessed relationship of family life" I love all of my family and the ward family that I grew up in. My heart is filled with supreme gratitude for my loving Father in Heaven who has blessed me with such amazing family and freinds. Im not sure what I could ever do to repay him or my loving earthly parents. I hope we all can express this gratitute for what we have been given. And the best way to do that is to serve the lord and those around us. I Love my Savior. And express my deep gratitude for his atoning sacrifice.

Have an amazing week! So much love!

Elder Hughes




No comments:

Post a Comment