Monday, November 4, 2013

Buddy the Elf whats your favorite color? | week 57

Hey guys! 

Happy Monday. I'm glad all is calm and cooling down in Rocklin. Like you Mom I count my blessing daily here in Guatemala. We are having our zone activity today we rented a bus and we found a place to play some lazertag hahah. I'm super pumped!

Well me and Elder A had a busy week! Lots of meetings and running around but thats how I like it. We continue to look for more people to teach. That seems to always be the wall to climb in the mission field  Nothing happens if we dont find people. While knocking doors we met F who is a teacher. He teaches night school to adults who never finished their classes when they were younger. Super humble guy who wants to learn more and loves to read! He lives in a really humble house and is building a new one close by. We are going to help him this week. He told us he just wants us to come and teach him but we are going to happen to pass by his house in the morning with a change of clothes in our backpacks hahaha.

C is so excited! She is going to "girls camp" with all the girls in the stake here for three days this week. I dont think there is anything better to get her ready to make covenants with the lord. She is going to be coming home Saturday evening so we are going to have her baptism Sunday morning at 8 and then she will be confirmed right after in Sacrament meeting. It is amazing the changes she has made in her life. Her mom has been telling us all about it haha. 

F is getting there. He has lowered his cigarrete usage to only 8 this last week in total. This next week is going to be really important he has to take the final step and leave them for good. Wow addictions are tough to face. But I know that with the help of the lord and the support of others anyone can release themselves from the heavy chains of addicion.

On November first it was "dia de los santos" where literally everyone goes to visit the gravesites of their relatives. There is a national cemetary close to our little apartment so tons of people came to celebrate haha. They eat a special dish here only on this day called Fiambre its a huge mix of vegetables and all kinds of meats. This thing has almost everything its crazy! A member family prepared it for us. I really liked it tons of flavors.

The zone is starting to really pick things up here. We should have about ten baptisms as a zone in the next two week! We are starting week 6 of the change too. I cannot believe it time is just flying by. I dont think that I will have a change but ive learned to expect the unexpected here in the mission.

A couple random things that happen here in Guatemala that I havent told you guys..... hahaha

If you want some fresh goats milk just walk outside in the morning there are always "shepards" we bring their goats around in the street so you can but your warm cup of goats milk hahahah. I havent gotten up the courage to try it yet.

Hahahah Oh well breast feeding here is just normal for everyone so if the babys hungry the women just pull their shirts down and start feeding their kids without covering themselves. When I first got here I was like what is going on..... Now its just normal but its a little awkward in the middle of a lesson and they just start feeding away right in front of us. HAHA

Well Im glad you guys are doing well in Rocklin! I meant to ask you guys what are your plans for thanksgiving and christmas? I have studied and taught alot this about the atonement of Jesus Christ. There is no truth more important than the knowlege we have that Christ payed for everyone of our sins, errors, and afflicions we face. We are all indebted to god. We are seperated from him physically and sin seperates us spiritually. There is no way we can climb out of this hole on our own. Our loving father in heaven knew this so he sent his only begotten son to pay the debt. Now he comes to us as and asks that we obey, and serve him. The demands of justice have been payed by Christ now we must serve him! There is no other way. His mercy is sufficient to save us after we have done all that we can! I love my Savior and I feel privledged to serve him. Not only for these two years but for all of my life! Go to him for help. And you will find peace and rest for your soul. I know this is true.

I love you guys! Know that I pray for all of my freinds and family and I feel your prayers. Thank you.

Share your smile with someone today!

Until next week


Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment