Monday, November 11, 2013

no clever title this week | week 58



Hey guys!

Its so nice to hear from you guys this week. Thanks for all the updates I love it. Glad to hear Whitney beat antelope to win league. How crazy that Elder Voges is coming home tomorrow! How crazy is that I remember like it was yesterday when he gave his farewell talk. Time is just flying by.

Well we finished the last week of the change. And.... Im staying here with Elder Alvarado. The weird thing is we are going to have changes again in a month. Had to change the date of changes in the mission because it would have landed on the 24th of Decemeber. So we are going to have a change of four weeks and then a change of eight.

C was Baptised on Sunday Morning. Wow it went so well. On tuesday we went to vistit with her and she was really down. She had fought with her Mom the day before and was feeling really down. Even doubting her decision to be baptised. Without fail Satan always come in and launches his full assault on these people. But after a two hour lesson she was ready to go. She went to girls camp and had a blast. I called her when she got back was just so excited. Sunday morning her uncle Hno Montes de Oka baptized her. All the sacrifice and everthing we go through is all worth it when C got up to bear her testimony to end the meeting and through tears and smiles thanked her heavenly father for the many blessings she has recieved. I love C and I have really developed a bond with her this last change.

The rest of the week was filled with alot of baptismal interveiws and fallen citas. We really had a hard time finding new people to teach this last week. Sometimes thats how the mission can be. I have been really trying to trust in the Lord more. 

Elder G is going home this week! I have been able to talk to him a couple times these last few weeks. He is one of the best freinds I have ever had. Im sad that he is going home. It all feels like a dream sometime and its not supposed to end haha. Look for him on Facebook!
One of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. That is
one of the volcanos in the background.

Im kind of at a loss for words today and Im not sure why hahah. Im feeling good! The mission always comes with alot of new challenges and struggles. It doesnt matter how much experience you have or how well you speak the language they are just always there. The great thing is that the Lord has supported me every step of the way. He seems to always lift us higher when we feel down or in a tough situation. He is the master teacher and he knows exactly what we need to improve and progress in this life. I have pondered this week on the blessing of eternity. Just stop to ponder on what our heavenly father has in store for us. If we are obedient and consistently apply the atonement of Jesus Christ we will be joint heirs with him. No eye can see no mind can comprehend all the things our father in heaven has in store for those who obey and love him. With an eternal perspective we can see how fleeting and superficial we can make life. Alot of the worries superficial things in life just simply dont matter. The simple joys of a happy family where there is love and understanding. Personal pray and communion with our father in heaven and the joys of service to others. These are the things that bring true lasting peace into our lives.

I love you all so much. I remember with President Murphy set me apart he stated that I would gain more appreciation and love for my family. I love you all so much. My Father in Heaven has been so good to me.

Have a great week! I love you all so much!

Elder Hughes



just some dogs in the streets.

This is fiambre its a typical dish that is only served on november first



No comments:

Post a Comment