Monday, September 23, 2013

WHAT ITS MY BDAY????? | week 51


disclaimer: the longer Tanner is in Guatemala, the worse his English spelling gets. I don't go through and fix the errors, it's part of the experience :)



Hey guys!

Thanks for the early birthday wishes! I honestly cannot believe im going to be 20. I just keep telling my comp that sounds so old to me. I dont think I have ever had a year that has gone faster in my entire life. It all feels kind of like a dream and one day im going to be woken up haha. Im glad to hear all is well there in Rocklin. Finally done with all the heat. I loved all the pictures of Riley and Zach. Riley your looking good in your lifeguard stuff hahaha STUD! Z-man your gonna have to let me know how your soccer team does this fall. Everyone here is obsessed with Lionel Messi who plays for Barcelona haha. Mom, Im so glad your photography business is doing great. Im so proud to be your son. Ive got the coolest Mom in the world!

Well Mom im going to be twenty is that old or what? hahah. Can you belive that? I know I cant. I apoligize (I cant spell anymore) for the last letter. Im sure you felt it come through but I was so dang stressed out. I had one of the moments where you finally sit down to write and nothing comes out. We had a much calmer week which was good. Elder S who was staying with us unfortunately went home on Wendsday. I really wanted him to stay with us for a change to work out some of the problems he was having but he decided to head home for a little bit. Me and Elder M were so grateful for the three days we were able to spend together with him. My eyes have been opened alot and I have learned so much these last few weeks. Finally everything has calmed down in the zone which is nice. President told me he has been specifically praying for me and the zone and we have seen those prayers answered.

Some good news is that M is going to be baptized. It has been amazing to see the change that has taken place with her in the last couple weeks. She has been reading going to church and changing! Ever since we committed her to baptism she has been doing so well. This last week we had a hard time meeting up with here. Satan has been launching his attack this last week with her mom in the hosptal and many other problems. I really feel a special connection with M we have felt the spirit so strongly in all of our lessons. We are not sure if the baptism is going to be this Friday ( My bday) or on Saturday. We are still waiting to see if she is going to have to leave with her husband on a military trip this weekend. I sure hope not. hahah. 

As for the rest of the week we spent alot of time walking trying to help the members and contact people in the street. The search for more people to teach continues. We did get a sweet reference that we want to start teaching this week. All I know is that the mom is named M and she has two little daughters. They came to church a while back and we are going to see how we can help them. Changes are coming up this next week! I am pretty confident that Im not going anywhere haha. But my comp who knows I think he is going to stay but he has 8 months here in the area already so we will see. Elder M ends his mission in December. Funny thing about Elder M is he talks to himself hahaah. Super funny alot of times im in the bathroom or the shower and I can hear him just talking away hahaha. At first I got really confused because I thought he was talking to me I would always leave and just ask what he was trying to tell me hahaha.

Im doing good! We are going to have a busy one this week with Leadership meeting tomorrow with President, zone meeting, and a baptism wooo!

Found a quote this week that has helped me recently from President Monson it reads "I have spoken over the years with many individuals who have told me " I have so many problems, Such real concerns. Im overwhelmed with the challenge of life. What can I do? I have offered to them and now to you, this specific suggestion. Seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. Yard by yard lifes hard, inch by inch its a cinch. Each of us can be true for atleast one day."
We have to take life on day by day. Thinking about the mission, life, problems and all the stresses can be overwhelming sometimes. But when we just break things down and seek guidance from the Lord one day at a time it all seems to work out. This advice from President Monson has helped me and I believe it can help you too! Take life on one day at a time. I have seen so many blessings in my life recently. I am eternally grateful for the loving family and freinds that I have. You support and love me. Thank you. I also have come to know how much our Heavenly Father loves us his children. It is real. Sometimes its improtant to remember one simple truth. You are a child of God...... Just think about that for a moment. The greatest most powerful all knowing being exists and loves you, and all his children. He has a plan for us, and we may all as we act in obedience to his commandments return to live with him. This is the message I share. I know its true.

I love you Mom and Dad, Riley, Zach and Everyone that writes and sees this. Thank you for all that you do for me. Im going to have a great Birthday this week. What could be a better gift than to have a baptism! 
Have a great week and take life on one day at a time. I pray for you all daily. LOVE YOU GUYS:

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment