Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hello on a Tuesday! | week 44


after getting completely soaked in the rain!

Hey guys! Feels really weird to be writing on Tuesday hahaha. I love you guys. Glad to hear that everyone got home safe and sound. One half of the family trips always goes just as planned. I cannot believe that summer for your guys is starting to come to a close. I feel like it just started.

Well I feel like I have alot to tell you guys. I think probably the most frustrating things for me is that I cannot fully convey the experieces I have here in the mission. My poor writing skills just put it all to shame. Last week was just crazy for Elder M and I. We started things off with Mission Leadership meeting on Tuesday which was amazing as usual. President Watts taught us for about two hours. We talked alot about purification and how this process works. The Lord is hastening his work and this means that he demands more from all of his servants. We got home at about three o'clock on Tuesday and immediately left to work. As we were crossing the "barranco" The heavens opened and we got completely drenched hahahah. Of course we were not prepared at all. We had an amazing lesson with M who continues to progress little bit by little bit. As we were walking to our last appointment a car stopped and asked if we wanted a ride of course in the rain we acceped. We met M and C N. In just one minute we contacted them and left them with one of our little cards we made. As we were getting out I hurried and asked them for their adress to see if we could stop by their house some day. Later last week we stopped and visited with them. Oh wow! Such an amazing family. They were recently married eight months ago. Both M and C are super open to our message. Such great people who are searching for the truth. We really feel like the Lord has led them strait to us. We hope to see them at church with us on Sunday too!

Wednesday we had a stake missionary correlation with us,  President Watts and the stake presidency. It was really fun to work with all the stake leaders and president Watts. Thursday we went on divisions with one of our district leaders. Elder S came to Acatan with me. I loved it I was able to get to know him better. We have had seen some struggles in his area and district but are hoping we can help them. 

We finished the week with new investigators and a happy Elder Hughes! Elder M told me that we had one of the best weeks in Acatan that he has seen in about four months. Even though we were running around like crazy people going to meetings and doing about a hundred other things I loved it.

We had a great temple trip today. I hadnt been to the temple in about eight months. Today our session was in spanish which was really cool. It was the first time that I have that oppourtunity. I am so grateful for the temple. What a blessing it is to have temples of the Lord so close to all of us. The veil is thin in the house of the Lord.

Well I just want you guys to know I love you! We are pretty busy here. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming with the zone and our own area but I have really learned how to manage everything. It is amazing how much the Lord helps me. We are seeing so many little miracles in our area. I cannot tell you how many times we have had all of our appointments fall and pass by investigators or people in the street at the precise moment. 

The Lord hears and answers prayers. He answers mine and he will answer yours. I hope you all have a great week. Remember that we control that. This Church blesses lives. It has completely changed mine forever. I love you Mom and Dad so much. I hope you know that! Riley and Zach I think about you guys all the time. Please stop growing hahahah Your both about bigger than me now. Love you guys.

"What-er thou art, act well thy part"

Much love,

Elder Hughes

for our Rocklin friends, can you spy Elder Shaun Gondola in this picture (look to the right of Tanner) They are now in the same mission and should even come home on the same day!


No comments:

Post a Comment