Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Raining!! | week 83


Hey guys!

Well its great to hear from you on this May monday! Thats so crazy that Matthew is back in town. Wow time goes by so fast! Dad I'm wishing you a happy birthday! To be completely honest I have lost track of how old your turning If im not wrong like 43 hahah. I hope you have a great one and ill be able to sing to you on Sunday.

Well we had a busy one this last week. Tuesday we took all the new missionaries out to work in our zone for their first day in the field  Kind of crazy organizing everything but we got the house all set up for them. I worked with Elder E from peru. We had a great time and I was able to give him a couple pointers as he starts his mission. I feel like it was yesterday when I was in their shoes.

For changes my companion Elder D had a transfer. Kind of a suprising one but it was sad to see him go. I got a new companion named Elder F he is from Guatemala. He is pretty well known throughout the mission. Awesome guy and he always keeps me laughing haha. He has a gift with the people here. So im learning alot from him right now. I believe we are going to be here for a good amount of time.

We had an awesome week of work. I kind of feel like we are wiping the slate clean this week as we found 12 new investigators. We were able to start working with a woman named I. We knocked on her door one day after her husband left her. She has been going through a rough time. She has three kids so we are going to be helping her move houses this week. 

We almost set some more baptismal dates this week. We are excited for the coming weeks.

We had some crazy experiences this week in our area. We are in one of the most dangerous zones here in the capital of Guatemala. The Lord protects us always. Ive got some good stories for after the mission hahahaha.

I am so grateful for the oppourtunity I have to serve here in Guatemala. I have really learned to enjoy every minute. Life is too short to worry about everything. I thought of you Mom, Dad, and all the family as I read a quote from president Monson this week. He said " Yes the Lord is mindful of his missionaries and their fathers, their mothers, their grandparents, and all who sacrifice for their support, that precious souls may be taught and provided His gospel" I thank everyone who has supported and sacrificed for me before and during my service as a missionary. It means so much to me and you are not forgotten. The wise teaching of my parents and church leaders stick with me. And I pray for all of you. I have a testimony of this restored gospel. It is the key to peace and happiness in this life. I know its true. I wouldnt be here if I didnt know it. I hope we can all ponder about how we became true diciples of Christ. I have developed a deep love for the people of Guatemala and for my family and freinds. Lets appreciate life one day at a time. Loving, lifing and serving others. Its is then when we will understand the true purpose of living and of life!

I love you guys and Im so excited to chat on Sunday! And if there are any technical difficulties my phone number is xxxxxxx but you have to put the area code thing. Have a great week!!!!!!!!!

Love

Elder Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment