Monday, April 28, 2014

A letter from Guatemala | week 82








Hey guys!

Well Dad like Taylor im also very glad you were able to pass my message on to Grandma Jeanette. I have been thinking and praying for her and all of your family. Lots of exciting news from you guys this week. Please let Dana know that im so excited for her! She has been a great friend  I hope to meet her husband when I get back haha. Pretty strange everyone is starting to get married haha. Shout out to Steven Ford so glad he decided to serve. The lord is going to need his many talents. Also give Matthew a big hug for me this week. I cannot beleive he is already done. Time is just flying by. Ah I love all of you guys!

Well I had another great week here in Guatemala. The lord has blessed me so much. C was baptized on Saturday. Everything went great. C has a pretty cool story. Her kids were baptised a long time a go. One of her daughters invited a young man to church and he was baptised went on a missioin and has become great family freinds with C. He now is our new stake President. President G. He baptized her so that was a really cool moment for them. I always feel the spirit so strongly in these baptisms. We love C. Ah you really get attached to these people haha.

We didnt get the change calls last night. President Watts was pretty busy all week and so he needed an extra day to get work them out. So right now we dont know who is going to have changes this wendsday haha. I really shouldnt have a change but some crazy stuff always happens. President is getting the whole mission ready for the new President. We shall see what happens...

I had the oppourtunity to go on divisions this week with Elder W. He is from Lincoln CA just up the road. He moved there a little while back but I was already here in Guatemala. But it was pretty fun talking with someone who knows Rocklin and Folsom haha.

I had some experiences this week working with investigators and talking with people. It is unreal some of the problems people face here in Guatemala and in life in General. The world is moving farther and farther away from the laws and spirit of God. We can see the effects of sin all around us. President Monson once said. "The face of sin today often wears a mask of tolerance. Do not be deceived; behind that facade is heartache, uneasiness, and pain" I am a witness of the consequenses of sin. We have all felt them. Like the prophet Mormon says "Wickedness never was happiness". I cannot describe the pain, suffering, and heartache that I have seen. Its amazing to me the stuff people tell us young missionaries. We cry together and find hope in the Atonement of Christ. Through sincere repentance the pain, suffering and guilt of sin is washed away. Lives are changed everyday! My plea is that we can all avoid these consequences. Chastity and self control are so important. Satan is on the loose. Do not let him into your lives our your homes. He has bad intentions. Would we ever let a robber into our homes? Of course not. Thats exactly what Satan is doing robbing the children of god not only of their peace and happiness here on earth but also for eternity. We have to protect ourselves. I know these things are true. I have felt the peace of forgiveness and the joy of the gospel. Like everyone of us I also know what it feels like to make mistakes and to be without the spirit. I love you all so much. Mom, Dad, Riley, Zach, and everyone who reads these letters. I know that God loves you too. He desires the best for us. Let us be strong and obedient to Gods commandments.

Side note I keep forgetting to tell you guys that M (from Acatan) is doing great and just recently the rest of her family were baptised. Everyone! Husband and her two sons who had not yet accepted the gospel. Haha!

I randomly ran into a family I taught in Llano Largo too this week! The A family. They were really really inactive when Elder G and I found them. They changed alot while I was there and they are doing great. I have never seen them more happy! Their son is also preparing to serve a mission now!!!!!!! Haha.

We have alot of people we are working with. Im excited to keep working here. The Sisters who came in with me are going home this week. Cannot beleive that haha. TIme is flying.

I love you all so much. We will be talking soon!!!

Love 

Elder Hughes  





No comments:

Post a Comment