Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools! | week 78


HEY!
Well its great to be writing you guys today. First thoughts definitely go out to my childhood friend Ronin. So sad that Grandma and Grandpa had to put him down. Wasn't he the best dog you could ever have? So loyal and faithful. I believe in Dog heaven and he earned his mansion.
We went to the temple today as a zone so we worked normal yesterday. Ah The temple is always such a blessing. I always feel close to my Father in Heaven there and know that it is his house. I invite everyone who reads this email and who has a current temple recommend to go and take advantage of the blessings that come in temple service.
To answer some of your questions Dad. On Sunday I gave a talk on the importance of scripture study and of course got to tie in some missionary work. The spirit helped me and its a little easier to talk in church when you hardly know any one in the ward haaha. And Im so looking forward to General conference. I love hearing from our church leaders. I hope we can all write down some questions or doubts we have and then listen to the spirit teach us what we need to hear.
We had a busy week in Columbia. Got it started with Leadership conference which is always good. We talked alot about faith and how we are going to exercise our faith so we can baptize and retain!
I dont have a whole lot of crazy stuff to report. Its HOT right now here in Guatemala. Its a really humid thick heat that drags on you. We have been seeing lots of success finding new people to teach. C is prorgessing so well and she will be baptized on the 8th of April. She has investigated the church for a very very very long time. Im not sure what the difference was this time. The Lord always knows when people are ready. Sometimes we plant seeds that give forth fruit 10 years down the road. M, the grandmother we are teaching is sooooooo amazing. I have met few people with the burning faith she has. Satan is working overtime right now and is doing everything he can to impede her and her family. So we have been pasing by everyday to support them.
I have been thinking alot this week about gratitude. President Monson said that to  "live with gratitude is to touch heaven." Do we realize and understand all the blessings our Father in Heaven has given us. My time in Guatemala has left an impact in my life. We must also express our gratitude to God, our families and friends daily. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. Isnt it so nice to be with grateful and loving people? My heart was filled with joy this week as I conteplated the many blessings I have been given. Ahhh I just love this gospel and the wonderful family I have been given. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and his infinite sacrifice. We must think of him and remember this every single day of our lives. That is why we partake of the sacrament every week. It isnt just at Easter time that we celebrate and remember him. Every week should be filled with Christ. I love this work and I am so grateful that Im not done serving here in Guatemala. I love you all so much. I will be thinking of you all this week.

Love your son, brother and freind,

Elder Hughes

Ok mom I need to know your shoe size...... hahaha Its a suprise so dont ask me why. I know you love suprises. I love you Mom Dad, Riley and Zach. I hope you all know that.


My comp snapped a pic of me dead on the couch after all the calls

Add caption







No comments:

Post a Comment