Monday, October 14, 2013

Que tal! | week 54

What up Fam bam! Everyone is split up right now, we got Riley in New York, Mom in Utah, Taylor in Arizona, Dad and Zach in Cali, and of course I'm here in Guatemala, I think the Hughes family is filling the earth hahahaha. Thanks dad for the email I'm glad you are all doing well. And Riley wow just living it up in New York city so cool. I want to get to know the big apple some day. Send some pictures next week. 

So cool to hear about all the missionaries in our ward now. How many are out now? And Matthew that doesn't come as a suprise, great leader. I think about Matthew, Tyler, Jordan, Jeff, Scott and everone all the time. Can you remember when were all deacons together at scout camp. Where does time go?

Dad to answer your questions I took my shoes to a "zapateria" or shoe shop where they fixed them for like 60 quetzs which is like 8 dollars haha. Those things were destroyed. We walk alot here in Guatemala. There are no such thing as mission cars or bikes hahaha. So just got new soles put on so good as new.

Well your sportcenter update from guatemala this week..... Me and Elder A put in a solid week. We needed it. We finally feel like we know most of the members and can get things going here. We set a goal to find six new investigators this week and we reached it. On friday we had a cool experience after we spent the day walking around to alot of fallen appointments we stopped at about six and just said what do we do!!!! Pulled out some of the old investigators that the elders visited like six months ago and we started looking. We knocked on the door of a woman named J she let us right in and we were able to teach her the plan of salvation. Felt the spirit super strong and she just loved it. She couldn't come to church on sunday but said she would be able to the next week. Im not sure how many times its happened to me on my mission when I get to the point of saying thats it im so tired and nothing is working everytime we just walk a little bit farther something great happens. It happens playing golf too right when your about to storm off the course and give up you chip in from fifty yards and then you keep going hahahah.

Right now our ward is pretty down. About seventy five people came to church on sunday and everyone seems really disanimated and Im not sure why. Sometimes we see alot of structural problems with the church here in Guatemala. It definetly is a shock when you come from Rocklin first ward where its overflowing and everyone magnifies their callings. We have been working with the Bishop to help strengthen the ward. I have also been working with my companion alot this week he is great just isnt much of a talker. And kind of hard to be a ZL and not talk or develop relationships. But I know I have been put with him for a specific reason and he is helping me alot.

We are working with some other investigators named F and C. C is 15 years old and has been coming to church she just thinks she has to be perfect in order to make a covenant with the lord and be baptized. F is a guy we found who is good freinds with some recent converts. He is a great guy we just have to work with him on leaving cigarettes

I'm having a hard time thinking of cool things to write about sometimes we too as missionaries have weeks that seem very normal hahah. I have been thinking alot about the conference we just had last weekend. Its amazing to see how the lord is hastening his work. Like Elder Perry said its a great time to be a missionary. I am so grateful that Im serving at this historic time. Now with 80,000 other men and women. I marvel at the work. It truly is a marvelous work and I feel so thankful to have the chance to be a part of it. In this months ensign President monson said "Amid the storms of life, danger lurks. Men and Women boys and girls find themselves stranded and facing destruction. Who will guide the lifeboats, leaving behind home and family and go to the rescue?" It is our responsibility to help rescue our brothers and sisters. We can do this wherever we are at. Maybe its a less active, a family member, or just anyone who does not yet have the blessings of the gospel in their lives. We can go and find them, they are waiting for us.

Remember to take advantage of everyday. I think my comp thinks im crazy sometimes but I wake up most mornings singing church songs. I love the word enthusiasm. Get excited about life. Our father in heaven gives us a new chance every day to help one another. I love this gospel. I get excited just thinking about it.

I love you Mom, Dad, Riley, Zach, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Freinds!!!!!!!! Have a great week and find purpose in everything you do. 

Un Abrazo

Elder Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment