Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve | Week 7


Hola Familia!!!!
Whew!! I’m leaving for the field in like three days. Wow!
I’m so excited! I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.... lots of
butterflies. I’m just excited to see where I’m going to be. It could be
anywhere! 
So about my week. I had a challenging one. Not sure why.
I do know that god answers prayers. He has answered some of mine this
week. I just finished the Book of Mormon. I’ve been reading like crazy
to finish it in two weeks! So I can tell you it can be done! All of
our normal classes and stuff are done and we had field orientation
yesterday so that was fun! I leave on Tuesday morning to go to the
mission home which isn’t too far from the ccm here. And I think I’m
spending Tuesday night there but not exactly sure. I know we have
training and meetings most of the day. I’m excited to meet my mission
president too! I’m excited to meet my trainer. I’m going to be with
him for the next twelve weeks. Crazy! I have just loved the MTC here
in Guatemala, such a great place. It’s like one big family here.
There were some tough times like being sick... but I have had so many
great experiences! I’m so grateful for my opportunity to come and
get to know all these people. It has been nice because I have
adjusted to how the natives speak. When I first heard the people here I had
no idea what they were saying! 
Wow mom you’re in Maryland! How sweet!!!! Tell everyone hi for me. I think about all you guys!
Tell Wade I’m going to go pick up where he left off in the North! Love you guys.
Dad I started smiling just imagining you putting up
Christmas lights! I remember the old house was alot more
difficult! Have fun going to Stockton! I got grandma and grandpas
letter so tell them thanks and I will write back! Thanks to the
Harless´s and the Jays for letters. Harless´s you guys rock love you
guys! 
CAITLIN! WOW! Madrid Spain… that’s so sweet. Tell her congrats for
me. What an exciting time! Congratulations Caitlin you won’t regret it.
A mission is the best thing ever! And Tyler….dang!  Bummer! That is no
fun.... and I do feel his pain. I know he always has the best
attitude about everything though. I will be praying for him! It’s so
fun to hear about everyone heading out on their missions! Already I just
love my mission so much and time is going by too fast! It’s already
December ! I love this work. There really is nothing more
important in the entire world! I feel so privileged to have this
opportunity.
 I have been thinking this week alot about why having
faith is so important! Everything in life takes faith and we need to
always be exercising our faith in Christ and Heavenly Father. Faith
and your attitude to everything in life make ALL the difference. I
know this is true. Miracles are accomplished through faith and nothing
else. There are miracles all around us, we just need to act, move, and
serve with faith and I know amazing things can happen. Sometimes the
Lord tests our faith to see what we have and to see how faithful we really are.
But I know that after the trial of our faith we receive a witness from
the spirit. I love this work and my Savior Jesus Christ. I know he
lives and loves us perfectly! I heard a short quote this week that
says "No matter what we go through, when we feel we can’t take more.
Just stop and think of Christ he has been there before" I love this
gospel and I love my family and friends. I’m a happy missionary right
now on the "eve" of the mission field! Love you Tyler Clark! I love
you Mom Dad Riley Zach and everyone!!! 
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment