Monday, January 20, 2014

Miracles | week 68

Hey guys!

Well I just love getting your letters! Sad the Niners lost haha. A random guy in the street invited me to his house to watch all the football games yesterday. I cant really remember what that would be like anymore. I had a great week this week with a ton of really cool moments. As I started the week I decided that I was going to focus on the positive and look for tender mercies in my life and in the mission. I'm going to highlight a few that I wrote down this week.

On Wednesday we had interviews  After getting everything organized and set up all day I was the last interview. Me and President talked for a half an hour hahaha. We were able to find solutions to some of the problems we have been having. The Lord answered so many prayers in my interview. I know I always say it but I love my mission president and his wife. I know I was sent to them.

C who we found knocking doors came to church for the first time after about 16 years. He was all dressed and ready to go at 730 on Sunday and we went and picked him up. I sat next to him and he was just so happy. Finding C was a miracle and I thank the Lord for guiding our footsteps.

During the second hour the primary president pulled us out of our class and had us help teach all the primary kids. There is something so simple and beautiful that is watching little children learn about Jesus Christ. I thought of Christs words when he told the children to come unto him.

I had an opportunity to give a priesthood blessing to one of the Sisters here in my zone. She got a phone call that her Grandmother suddenly passed away. As I set my hands on her head and gave her a blessing. The spirit guided every word. There have been times on my mission where during a blessing I feel like I'm not talking. The lord is. I felt the spirit strong and the love Heavenly Father has for this sister. I am grateful for priesthood blessings.

There were many other "moments" this week. I know that our Heavenly Father is aware of each and every one of his children. As we look for blessings and tender mercies in our lives I promise that we  will find them.

Tomorrow we are going to have the first ever mission conference. All of the missionaries from mission este will be together. And then on Wendsday we are having a three mission conference with Quentin L Cook!!! Im super excited. 

Mom I loved the letter that you got from your freind. It really is just another testimony to me that this is a work of miracles. The Lord works in many ways and I am just grateful the mission im serving is a blessing to others.

Happy aneversary Mom and Dad and Happy Birthday Riley!!!!!!!! I cant believe your going to be 17 hahahah

Love you guys so much!

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment