Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feliz Año Nuevo! | week 65


Hey guys!

I didnt forget to write you guys haha. We had leadership meeting Yesterday with President Watts so we didnt have the chance to write. Im glad everyone is home safe and you enjoyed your trip. Thanks Mom for all the pictures you sent. I love them. Riley and Zach you guys are getting so dang big I cannot believe it. Tell Dana Conratulations on the the engagement she looks happy in those pictures.

Well last week was a little crazy with the holidays and everything. I love holidays but as missionaries it makes things a little bit tougher. We have been working closely with the Bishop and our ward mission leader to make a new ward mission plan for this year. In this ward there were 20 baptisms in 2013 but almost all of them are not active. So we are setting some plans to have a better year in this ward. On Sunday one of our investigators that we have had for about three months came to Church for the first time which was awesome. Hermana D has three kids who are all members but she isnt. She has had one of the craziest lives I have ever seen and we have alot of work to do but everything is possible with the lord. We were able to set a baptismal date with a woman named S on Sunday. She is married to a less active return missionary and we are working with her and her husband. Things have been slow this last month for us but we know that there are people prepared to accept the gospel. President Watts has introduced us to a new mission plan for 2014 and it is awesome! 

Some cool news we got yesterday we are going to be having a mission conference the 21st of January and the following day we are going to have the priviledge of having Elder Quentin L Cook here in Guatemala for a three mission Conference wooohoooo! 

I really cannot believe that today is the last day of 2013. That year went by so fast I didnt even feel it haha. 2013 has brought so many blessing into my life. I was able to meet so many amazing people and to serve the Lord every day. I have felt the Lords loving hand lift me up many times. Whenever I feel like I cant get up, keep walking, or move forward I feel like there is someone behind me pushing me. Haha. I loved a quote by Elder Bednar from this last general conference he stated that " Sometimes we may ask got for success, and he gives us physical and mental stamina. We might plead for prosperity, and we receive enlarged perspective and increased patience, or we petition for growth and are blessed with the gift of Grace. He may bestow upon us conviction and confidence as we strive to achieve worthy goals. And when we plead for relief from physical, mental, and spiritual difficulties, he may increase our resolve and resilience." God knows each one of us so personally. Sometimes we do not understand why things happen to us but I know that he does. And he will give us the strength to face the challenges of life. There will be angels on your right hand and on your left building you up. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of this restored gospel. I hope you all have a happy new year and that God may be with you in 2014.

I am trying to correct my spelling now that I know you guys dont correct it hahahah. Spanish is destroying my writing skills. Have a great week guys I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment