Monday, June 16, 2014

Feliz dia del Padre! | Week 89

Hey guys!

Well Happy late Fathers day Dad. I hope you had a good one. I hope you know how much I love you. You have been such a huge example to me. Your selfless service and sacrifice for our family has made an eternal impact on my life. Thank you and I look forward to returning home to my earthly father in October. Love you Dad.

Well it has been a very busy week. On tuesday we hosted all the new missionaries at our house. Its kind of crazy coordinating everything but all went well. I got all packed and on Wendsday went to change conference. I have been sent to zona Molino as the ZL here. They sent me back to my second area hahahah! I was really excited because I was only here for one change last year from june to july haha. I loved this ward and it is so exciting to come back to an area where I was before. My new companion is Elder G from Guatemala. He is a great missionary and we are getting along great. We are actually in a Trio right now. We are also here with Elder S. He is from Colorado he is going to end his mission in like two changes but is going to be with us for a little bit. We all get along and it has been fun to work together.

It has been really weird walking around here in the Zona 6. I keep having Deja Vu moments. The members were really excited. The ward here has continued to do really well. The missionaries have been baptizing alot and the ward has been growing. There were 180 people in Church on Sunday. One of the coolest things was when I was here a year ago we started teaching a family called the familia M. When I got here the my comp told me they had recently gotten back in touch with them and Angelica the wife is doing so well. She is going to be baptized on the 28th of June. What a blessing after we found them over a year ago!

We hit the ground running this week and saw a miracle. We contacted a man named M outside of his house on Thursday. It was so crazy how receptive he was. We immediately set an appointment with that very day and taught him. M has had lots of problems in his life drinking but wants to change. He even came to church on Sunday. He loved it and the ward is really supporting him.

We are also working with a family named the Familia Y. They are doing great and while facing some opposition came to church on Sunday. They should be baptized near the end of this month.

I was reading a talk from the last General Conference a Talk by Henry B Eyring called "The Priesthood man" He talks about his priesthood heroes that he looked up to as a child and young man. I was so blessed to have grown up with amazing leaders and they truly have been my heroes. But after all is said and done Dad you have been my "Priesthood Heroe" President Eyring said that "When we choose heroes, we begin to copy, conciously or unconciously, what we admire most about them." And that those who are heroes "do not easily recognize that they possess heroic qualities. In fact they seem to have difficulty seeing those things that I so much admire in them." Thanks for being my Heroe Dad I love you so much and im so grateful that you opened your heart to the Gospel and decided to be sealed in the temple. I look up to you so much. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I know that my Savior lives. He is our heroe and has saved us from death and the effects of sin. He just asks us to repent and to align our will with the will of God. I love you all. have a great week and keep your faith burning bright!

Love

Elder Hughes


1 comment:

  1. “this is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more sites like this. i commend you on your great content and excellent topic choices.”

    Car Accident Lawyer
    Utah Car Accident Lawyer
    Car Accident
    car accident injury
    Lawyers in Utah

    ReplyDelete