Monday, March 10, 2014

march showers bring . . . | week 75


Hey Guys!

Thanks for the update Mom! Im glad you are getting some rain. Oh Riley I remember those days. I have heard a ton of great things about Utah State. Thats where Elder G studies and he loves it there. Better than going to U of Utah hahaha Kidding. I second what you said about Dad isnt he great! Well bad news about the package still no sight of it here. Can you guys track it to see where its at?

Well we had another great week! Got it started with Leadership Meeting on Tuesday. President is really stepping things up and pushing us to do more. I love it. President and the Lord have high expectations for us and that has helped us to be more diligent in the work. We have something here in the mission called the Standard of Excellence which is a set of numbers that we strive to accomplish. We have been finding so many new people to teach its crazy. Elder G and I have been talking with alot of people and really working on sharing this message with everyone we can, everyday!

We had the oppourtunity to do divisions this week with one of the Assistants Elder B from Ecuador. This Elder is awesome! I always learn so much from him. On Thursday we spent our entire day in houses teaching. From two in the afternoon until the end of the day we taught five lessons with members. There is nothing better than being able to teach so much. We have a problem right now because we have so many new people that we cant get to all the apointments. We have been doing divisions and splitting up to cover every thing.

D who I mentioned last week came to church on sunday for the first time! He stayed all three hours and wants to come back. We had six investigators there. M and her daughters came to church. M is ready to be baptised the only problem we have is with her documents. Most of the people arent married, Its not hard to get married it just costs alot to get divorced so most of the people just dont want to commit haha. M is from Nicaragua so it makes it hard to get her papers ready. We are going to bring a Lawyer who is a member of the ward to her house this week to see what we can do. M and the F Family are doing great! She is looking good for the 22nd of March. We have many other people we are teaching that are doing really well.

My faith has grown alot in the last couple weeks. The lord has asked more of us and it has been cool to see the miracles that come when we serve with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. I think i am just now discovering the kind of missionary the Lord knows I can be. I strive to improve every week and I am seeing the blessings.

I woke up a little bit sick this morning haha. I have what we missionaries call "Boo" haha I will have to explain to you guys what that means after the mission haha. But im good!

If you guys havent read Elder Scotts entry in the Leahona for Febuary called "living a life of peace joy and purpose" I recommend it I loved something he said "Wherever you live, whatever your occupation of focus in life, you will be drawn into the battle for the souls of men and women. Be valiant in the struggle it is waged on the basis of character by resolute opposition to the will of our Father ond consistent violation of his commandments. Your character is being solidified by consistent right choices. Throughout your life you will be rewarded for the efforts you expend to choose correctly."  Choose the right and let the consequence follow. Obedience is the key to happiness and peace in this life. I am grateful for my parents who taught me to "choose the right" because the consequences do follow.

We are going to be having a multi zone conference with Elder Ochoa from the area presidency this week. Should be awesome! And on Sunday Elder Amado the Area president is going to be coming to our Stake conference here in Palmita. Should be an exciting week. Sadly this is the last week of this change. I cannot believe it haha. 

I love you all so much. I hope you know that. Thanks for all your prayers and love. I pray for you.

Elder Hughes

Thinking of Heidi this week. I love her.

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered adding some relevant links to your article? I think it might enhance viewers’ understanding.
    Car Accident Lawyer
    Utah Car Accident Lawyer
    Car Accident
    car accident injury
    Lawyers in Utah

    ReplyDelete